Masthead header

Busy, Busy, Busy

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had the time to write. We have been so busy with visitors and then the girls and I spent two weeks back on the Central Coast catching up with family and friends.

After we said goodbye to Mum in early January, my dear friend Louise came to stay with her two boys for a couple of nights. We had such a fun time with them and the kids all got along so well. We spent lots of time at the river finding baby turtles and making boats to float down the little rapids. The turtles were by far a highlight for us. We know turtles live in the river but it’s the first time we have seen any. We rode our bikes to show Louise and the boys the cows and they really embraced country life out here.

The girls and I then flew back to the Central Coast which was so exhausting but awesome just the same. We had so many people to try to see, we were sad we couldn’t fit visits in with everyone we hoped.

It’s interesting the contrast between life here in Tabulam and life back on the Coast. From one extreme to the other. I felt myself being so overwhelmed by the crowds, traffic, noise and people. At the moment I feel like I don’t really belong in either environment. It was so good to see friends, family and neighbours again though and the girls didn’t stop.

We spent time at the beach, the local swimming pool, Flipout trampolining centre with their cousin and much needed retail therapy at Erina Fair. The girls had sleepovers and play dates. We even managed to fit in a day trip to Sydney Aquarium with our good friends.

So many good experiences but it was really lovely to fly back home to Linden and Minnie.

However, our return to Tabulam took a turn for the worse when Minnie was bitten by a snake on Wednesday afternoon. I wasn’t sure what was wrong with her, she was shaking and frothing at the mouth. We rushed her to the vet (the closest being almost an hour away) and the vet said she was showing typical symptoms of snakebite so they started treatment immediately and she had to spend a couple of nights in hospital. Thankfully she recovered and we brought her back home yesterday. They think it was either a tiger or brown snake so we have to keep vigilant when we walk down to the river or walking around our garden. Since none of us saw a snake, we are not sure when or where she was bitten. Now the tricky part is to try and keep her quiet for two weeks.

The girls are starting back at school next week, Alice will be going into the year 4/5/6 class and Lucy with be in the 2/3 class. I don’t think they are really looking forward to school but I’m sure they will have fun with their friends once they are there.

We are in for another hot week so I’ll be laying low, studying, volunteering and staying in the air conditioning as much as possible.

I have lots of photos to share this week, I hope you don’t get too bored.



Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *



F a c e b o o k
T w i t t e r