I made this super delicious tart the other day and have had a few people request the recipe – so here it is! Enjoy.
100g softened butter
½ cup caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup plain flour
thinly sliced pear and apple (or any other fruit you choose)
icing sugar to serve
1½ cups plain flour
1/3 cup icing sugar
125g chilled butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
- To make the pastry, process the flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and enough chilled water for the dough to come together when processed. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease the base and side of a fluted tart tin with a removable base (rectangle or circle – your choice). Roll dough out to 3mm thick on a lightly floured surface. Line the prepared pan with the pastry. Use a small knife to trim the excess pastry. Place in the fridge for 15 mins to chill.
- Line pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and weights. Bake for a further 10 mins or until lightly golden. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg and egg yolk and beat to combine. Add the almond meal and flour and stir to combine. Spread the mixture evenly over the base of the pastry case.
- Arrange the fruit over the filling. Bake for 30 mins or until golden and the filling is set. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream.