1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
¾ cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together in a small saucepan.
- Mix boiling water and bicarb soda together. Blend into butter mixture. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper, allow room for spreading.
- Bake at 150°C for 15 minutes or until golden. Loosen while warm. Cool on trays. Transfer on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.